Boston Healthcare supports the development of market access strategies and their ultimate implementation. We accomplish this globally through support from an international network of country-based experts. All of our network members have on the ground core expertise in reimbursement planning and implementation, pricing, health economics, and health care systems and stakeholders.
This expertise enables us to provide country-based support in order to drive policy, payment, and market access. In addition to our own global locations, we have access to affiliates in over 20 countries and are able to provide expert coverage in these territories and other territories worldwide. Together, we have completed hundreds of projects in global pricing and reimbursement planning for innovative healthcare companies.
Boston Healthcare Associates, Inc.
33 Arch Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
phone 617 482 4004
Boston Healthcare works with emerging and established, domestic and global companies to help them gain a competitive advantage in the increasingly complex health care marketplace.
We provide reimbursement, health economics, market analytics and business development services to biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostics clients worldwide.
- Reimbursement and Market Access
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Pricing and Market Analytics
- Business Development and Portfolio Management
- Global Capabilities
What makes us different:
- A global approach to reimbursement and value capture
- Strategy built on implementation expertise
- Life science diversity: drugs, devices, diagnostics, and companion diagnostics
- Emphasis on sectors where value assessment is complex or emerging: specialty and orphan drugs, pharmacogenomics / molecular diagnostics, combination products, novel devices and procedures
- Clients: public and private, emerging and established
- Offices in Boston, Washington DC, Berlin, Shanghai, and Hong Kong
- Global capabilities with ability to deliver in-market insight and expertise
Betty Su, Vice President and Managing Director (Asia-Pacific)
Rm. 51, 5th Floor, 1438 Hongqiao Road, GIFC
Shanghai, 200336, P.R.China
phone + 8621 6197 6239
The Asia-Pacific region is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical and medical device market, and emerging leader in health care innovation. With our Asia-Pacific headquarters in China, Boston Healthcare is able to provide actionable strategies and market access solutions through a team of in-country experts and affiliates from markets in this region. Our presence in the Asia-Pacific region enables us to continue to effectively provide our global clients with strong support for meeting the continually evolving evidence and market access requirements from these emerging markets. At the same time, we are able to support emerging and established innovators from this region in helping them understand and tackle business opportunities in their globalization endeavors.
- Market opportunity assessment
- Portfolio assessment and planning
- Global or local launch strategy
- Deal assessment and negotiation support
- Partner identification and engagement
Regulatory Strategy and Registration
- Regulatory pathway analysis and consultation
- Registration services (China only)
Pricing and Reimbursement
- Landscape analysis
- Global / regional / local P&R (Pricing & Reimbursement) strategy and implementation
- Coding analysis and application for medical devices and IVD players
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Value proposition development
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Evidence development strategy
- HEOR integration in clinical study design and development
- Clinical and economic publication strategy support / literature reviews
- Global and country-specific value dossiers
Jörg Burkowitz, Director (Europe)
Leipziger Platz 11
D-10117 Berlin, Germany
phone + 49 (0) 30-30 88 12 666
Emerging politico-economic and industry forces have created a new status quo in the drug, diagnostics, and medical devices industries. In Europe, stakeholders aim to strike a balance between controlling health care spending and offering greater access to medical innovations. Manufacturers face new barriers to enter the European markets, such as evidentiary requirements for demonstrating comparative efficacy and cost-effectiveness, complex price negotiations, and innovative contractual access agreements, as well as understanding how funding decision-making can occur at national, regional, or local levels – all essential dynamics that must be evaluated in order to ensure market access success.
With our European headquarters in Berlin, Germany, Boston Healthcare is able to provide actionable strategies and in-depth analysis through a team of in-country experts that gather on-the-ground insight from all the major markets in Europe. We will help you navigate the challenges and opportunities associated with a continually evolving health care market, as well as how understanding these changing market dynamics affect your business development and commercial decisions and are essential to achieving optimal ROI.
Strategic Market Access Services:
- Reimbursement / Market Access Strategy and Implementation
- Market Opportunity Assessment
- Evidence Development Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- Product Positioning to Optimize Value
- Portfolio Assessment and Planning
- Business Development and Licensing Due Diligence Support
- Health Economic Evaluation and Modeling
- Epidemiology and Observational Research Studies
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Consulting
- Core/Global Value Dossiers (adapting to local submission dossiers)
- Publication Strategy to Support Evidence Communication
- Global Health Economics and Reimbursement Infrastructure Planning